Tuesday, November 1, 2011

School Lunches


School lunches!    
By: Babyboo  

Chignik Bay School has the best cook in the district. She is also my grandma. Minnie has been working for the school for quite some time now, off and on for about 25 years. All of the children in Chignik Bay have grown up eating her school lunches. She is one of the most talented cooks I know of. I am going to tell you about one of her best dishes.   
Students enjoying some real cooking!
Minnie makes the best barbeque chicken. My guess is she rubs the chicken with the barbeque sauce. The way she makes the sauce is good. It tastes sweet, sour, and a little bit spicy, but not too spicy. She never over cooks it either; it’s always so perfect. And when people are done with the chicken you can hear them licking their fingers because it’s so good and the sauce is so awesome they can’t get enough of it. When you get done eating you can feel that sticky sauce on your fingers.
Lunch time in Chignik Bay.
Minnie said she learned her good cooking skills from her mom, Annie. Her mom taught her how to make homemade bread when Minnie was only 8 years old. Try a piece of her homemade rolls or donuts and you can tell she’s been at it a long time.
If I were you, I wouldn’t wait any longer to eat Minnie’s cooking.

Note: Minnie is currently out of town and won’t be back until the end of November. We are anxiously awaiting her return!  


2 comments:

  1. I miss Minnie's cooking and her company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Minnie is definitely on my favorite school cook list : )

    ReplyDelete